Beautiful Words and Inspiration
Hi and welcome!
There is something about quotes. They are really great for inspiration. Sometimes I like to meditate on one quote that really "spoke" to me. I used to collect them and record them in journals. I sometimes use them in my social media bio, or add them to my email signature.
Here are some quotes and sayings on elegance that I've collected over the years. So I hope you like them!
I will be adding them from time to time, but usually posting them on my Join us there for instant updates..
I love collecting famous quotes from women, especially inspirational women quotes.
Wondering what the definition of "Elegant" is?
Click here -
- The only real elegance is in the mind; If you've got that, the rest really comes from it. - Diana Vreeland
- To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common - this is my symphony - William Ellery Channing
- I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you. - Colin Raye
- A truly elegant taste is generally accompanied with excellency of heart. - Henry Fielding
- That is the key of this collection. Don't be into trends. Don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.- Gianni Versace
- She had a flair for doing things in a very elegant way. At the same time, you felt like you were right there in her living room. She paid attention to people so that she was seeing to it everyone's little needs and egos were met. - Harold Brooks
- What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course. - Marilyn Monroe (Not really related to elegance but it's so wonderful I just had to add it!)
- - more freedom from awkwardness and restraint. It implies a precision, a polish and a sparkling which is spirited, yet delicate - Hazlitt
" I will only say now that elegance must be the right combination of distinction, naturalness, care and simplicity. Outside this, believe me, there is no elegance. Only pretension.
Elegance is not dependent on money. Of the four things I have mentioned above, the most important of all is care. Care in choosing your clothes. Care in wearing them. Care in keeping them.
But it is possible for a woman to be elegant without spending very much money on her clothes, if she follows the basic rules of Fashion and is careful to choose the clothes that suit her personality
Simplicity, good taste and are the three fundamentals of good dressing and these do not cost money.
Grooming is the secret of real elegance. The best clothes, the most wonderful jewels, the most don't count without good grooming."
If I get married, I want to be .
It's that wonderful that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it.
“Paris is always a good idea.”
“I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel."
“The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.”
“Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it.”
“Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn't help if your ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.”
“You can always tell what kind of a person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you.”
“I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.”
“It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it'.”
“I've been lucky. Opportunities don't often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.”
Like them? See more elegant quotes by Audrey Hepburn here.
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."
"I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny."
"Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future."