I’m addicted to sayings and quotes. They are inspiring, motivating and they have the power to provoke new thought. They have the power to break down old beliefs and inject wisdom into your life.
The meanings will probably not be the same for you as they are for me, so use whatever I say however you like. I can only share my own experience. After that it is up to you.
1. “Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.” – Tom Krause
2. “The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.” – Sven Goran Eriksson
6. “The key to change… is to let go of fear.” – Rosanne Cash
The more you can let go of fear, the faster you will grow. I’m not talking about eliminating fear or being fearless. When I think about letting go of fear, I think about acknowledging it and letting it be there. There’s nothing wrong with being afraid.
7. “If you wait to do everything until you’re sure it’s right, you’ll probably never do much of anything.” – Win Borden
I’ve gotten many e-mails from people asking me for advice. The common thread that runs through them all is that they want to make sure they’re doing it right. My answer is always the same: you have to try, fail and try again. There are no guarantees. There is only the path.
8. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” – Raymond Lindquist
What is familiar is comfortable. Even though the familiar might be worse than the unfamiliar, we still tend to hold on to it, because going into the unknown is uncomfortable. Having the courage to go into the unfamiliar can be tough, but not impossible. It requires a shift in perspective. Become curious. Become an explorer of life. This is an adventure.
9. “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
This is another good take on courage. What we have to remember is that definitions and perspectives are constantly in flux. There are no absolutes. Courage for me isn’t the same as courage for you, which is why, in the end, you have to trust yourself.
10. “There is far more opportunity than there is ability. “ – Thomas A. Edison
Most people are afraid to take action. Sure, they have ideas, but they don’t do anything about it. It’s scary to go down that path, which is why so few do. In the end, you have to determine what kind of life you want to live: one of mediocrity, or one of greatness?
11. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
12. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” – Unknown
If you never start, you will never get anywhere. If you want to find your passion, it starts with trying. You will fail, you will make mistakes, but that’s a part of the journey.
If you’re like most people, you don’t know how to even begin living a passionate life. That’s normal, and there’s a way out. You may want to check out my premium course on that, Passionate Living, where I share my story of how I went from miserable to doing what I love.
13. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Brian Littrell
I’ve found that going after my goals rigidly only makes me unhappy. I now make goals, but I am flexible about them. I am open to new possibilities. Having a goal is essential, but use it as a guideline and not as something you have to reach.
14. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
15. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
Following your passion isn’t effortless. I know many who think it should be, which is another obstacle holding them back from taking action. This is not a walk in the park. It’s a path of rapid growth. It contains both joy and fear. But you can change your life.
16. “Never, never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
Whatever you do—keep going. When I started playing poker professionally at the age of 18, I knew I was going to succeed. I was prepared to do anything. I knew that others were making money playing poker, so I thought “if they can, so can I.”
17. “Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
You determine your happiness. There are several studies out there that show that even if you win the lottery, your state of happiness will return to its previous level in about a year. What happens outside of you is of little importance, as long as you have the basic necessities.
18. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
Motivation ebbs and flows. When I started blogging, the first few months were easy, but then I started bumping into periods of low energy. Habit and a focus on helping people is what kept me going. I constantly reminded myself that this was what I wanted to do.
And remember, you probably don’t know what motivates you. If you want to dive deeper, check out the book, by Daniel H. Pink.
19. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
You are responsible for how you feel. You can blame external things if you want to, but it will never change how things are. It is only when you accept your own responsibility that you can take action.
20. “There’s always a way – if you’re committed.” – Tony Robbins
If you’re passionate enough and if you care enough, you will overcome any obstacles. Excuses will be a thing of the past, but if you’re not determined, you will let the smallest excuse hold you back. It’s time to Awaken the Giant Within.
21. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” – ConfuciusSee also:
- Discover all business quotes at quotesgalaxy Example - “If you’re going to be successful you need to be smart, conscientious, and tough.”