There’s only one Jay-Z, and he’s incredibly successful. In fact, when I first started this blog almost 2 years ago now, I wrote an article on the .
Jay-Z and Beyonce have a combined net worth of over 1 billion. Can you believe that?
If you take a look at the article I mentioned above, it goes into more detail about how Jay-Z is not only a successful hip hop artist, but also an accomplished entrepreneur and investor.
Below, you’ll find 33 of the best motivational Jay-Z quotes on business, success and life.
1. “People respect success. They respect big. They don’t even have to like your music. If you’re big enough, people are drawn to you.”
2. “I will not lose, for even in defeat, there’s a valuable lesson learned, so it evens up for me.” – Jay-Z
3. “You than you ever do in success.” – Jay-Z
4. “Those who are successful overcome their fears and take action. Those who aren’t submit to their fears and live with regrets.” – Jay-Z
5. “Either love me or leave me alone.” – Jay-Z
6. “When you’re growing up, your dad is your superhero. Once you’ve let yourself fall that in love with someone, once you put him on such a high pedestal and he lets you down, you never want to experience that pain again.” – Jay-Z
7. “By the time I got to record my first album, I was 26, I didn’t need pen or paper – my memory had been trained just to listen to a song, think of the words, and lay them to tape.” – Jay-Z
8. “I’m hungry for knowledge. The whole thing is to learn every day, to get brighter and brighter. That’s what this world is about.” – Jay-Z
9. “You can want success all you want, but to get it, you can’t falter. You can’t slip, you can’t sleep. One eye open, for real, and forever.” – Jay-Z
10. “I believe everyone in the world is born with genius-level talent. Apply yourself to whatever you’re genius at, and you can do anything in the world.” – Jay-Z
11. “Life is for living, not living uptight. See ya somewhere up in the sky.” – Jay-Z
12. “Don’t tell me what was said about me… Tell me why they were so comfortable to say it to you.” – Jay-Z
13. “I believe excellence is being able to perform at a high level over and over.” – Jay-Z
14. “People look at you strange, say you changed. Like you worked that hard to stay the same.” – Jay-Z
15. “I’m like a dog. I never speak, but I understand.” – Jay-Z
16. “I’m not afraid of dying. I’m afraid of not trying.” – Jay-Z
17. “A wise man told me don’t argue with fools. Because people from a distance can’t tell who is who.” – Jay-Z
18. “I would run into the corner store, the bodega, and just grab a paper bag or buy juice – anything just to get a paper bag. And I’d write the words on the paper bag and stuff these ideas in my pocket until I got back. Then I would transfer them into the notebook.” – Jay-Z
19. “As kids we didn’t complain about being poor; we talked about how rich we were going to be and made moves to get the lifestyle we aspired to by any means we could. And as soon as we had a little money, we were eager to show it.” – Jay-Z
20. “I’m a mirror. If you’re cool with me, I’m cool with you, and the exchange starts. What you see is what you reflect. If you don’t like what you see, then you’ve done something. If I’m standoffish, that’s because you are.” – Jay-Z
21. “I’ve never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I’ve always wanted to, and I’ve managed to do that. People have to accept that.” – Jay-Z
22. “Rap for me is like making movies, telling stories, and getting the emotions of the songs through in just as deep a way. And I grew up in rap and movies the same way.” – Jay-Z
23. “They say a midget standing on a giant’s shoulders can see much further than the giant. So I got the whole rap world on my shoulders, they trying to see further than I am.” – Jay-Z
24. “I was forced to be an artist and a CEO from the beginning, so I was forced to be like a businessman because when I was trying to get a record deal, it was so hard to get a record deal on my own that it was either give up or create my own company.” – Jay-Z
25. “It’s hilarious a lot of times. You have a conversation with someone, and he’s like, ‘You speak so well!’ I’m like, ‘What do you mean? Do you understand that’s an insult?” – Jay-Z
26. “All I got is dreams. Nobody else believes. Nobody else can see. Nobody else but me.” – Jay-Z
27. “You can pay for school but you can’t buy class.” – Jay-Z
28. “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” – Jay-Z
29. “They talk. We live. Who cares what they say?” – Jay-Z
30. “We change people through conversation, not through censorship.” – Jay-Z
31. “I went through hell, I’m expecting heaven.” – Jay-Z
32. “I’m a hustler baby; I sell water to a well.” – Jay-Z
33. “If people don’t hate you, you’re probably not doing very big things.” – Jay-Z
Thanks for checking out this awesome list of motivational Jay-Z quotes on business, success and life. If you enjoyed the list, share them on social media with your friends and any other Jay-Z fans out there!